Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What Photography Teaches


One of the things that I most enjoy about being a photographer is looking back at all the progress I’ve made. It’s only been a year since I’ve considered photography as more than a hobby. But it’s been an adventure! Photography is teaching me a lot about myself that I didn’t know and things about myself that I already knew and definitely need to work on. I’m a painfully shy person. If you are a shy person, photography is definitely going to force you to be the most extroverted person on the planet. I’m not a people person by any stretch, but it has helped me be more outgoing. It has given me confidence.
One very valuable lesson I’ve learned and I try not to forget is to never say “I can’t”.  I’ve learned that anything is possible if you have a positive attitude and don’t sweat it. Don’t get me wrong, I get nervous all the time but I do it anyways.  If you don’t get nervous at doing something then you are not enjoying it anymore. Plus, it’s always good to have those special people in your life that help you remember that you can do it. I have my husband that is an awesome person (did I mention he’s an extrovert?) and he helps me  when I have my little meltdowns. I also have fellow photog friends that help me bounce off ideas and suggest new gadgets or methods that I can try.
I’m still learning through trial and error. Nobody likes to make mistakes. But, if you didn’t make mistakes then you haven’t really tried.
Happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment